Zoodles

To be honest, I have not been very good on my diet the past three weeks. I had my birthday then graduation celebrations two consecutive weekends. In the past 4 months that I have been on the Ideal Protein protocol, I have made a point not to cheat, however, with these two big events this May, I decided to knowingly cheat and not feel guilty.

While I know that this diet is unique and cheats can set you back in your ketosis and all, I made the decision and now I am living with those consequences. I have done it and now it's important to MOVE ON!

I feel like people have a hard time moving on from cheats and thats okay. Cheats need to be conscious decisions and if you choose to cheat, do it and then get right back on track. I have had this problem in the past with diets. I can't move past a cheat weekend, I usually get caught up in the delicious queso or margaritas and can't quit. I have learned to stop being so hard on myself through Ideal Protein. I have learned that I am worth this hard work. I am worth seeing the woman I want to be in the mirror. Cheats happen and when they do, tell yourself that you are worth getting back on track and continuing with the weight loss! You can do it and together we can become the people we want to be.

Now that I have written way too much, I am excited to share my zoodle recipe. Today I bought a spiralizer, which is now my new favorite thing in the kitchen. I was pretty skeptical about zucchini noodles, but now I am in love.





Ingredients:
2 cups of zucchini (300 grams)
olive oil 
ideal salt
minced garlic

What to do: 
  1. Wash your zucchini. 
  2. Spiral 2 cups or how ever much you desire in the spiralizer.
  3. Heat oil and garlic on medium heat. 
  4. Pour zucchini noodles in pan with oil and garlic. 
  5. Sauté the noodles until desired softness is reached. (I did mine for about 10 minutes.)
  6. Add salt, pepper and desired spices. 
  7. Remove from heat and add desired toppings. 
  8. Enjoy! 

I hope you love this as much as I did!!

Happy dieting! 

-E

Comments

Popular Posts