After trolling the internet for cake recipes that weren't as disastrous as my mug cake...see my instagram for a visual...I finally found the perfect one! Thank you Pinterest world for this gem!
This cake is unrestricted and tastes like real cake! Same consistency and everything! Don't pass out! This is not a drill!
3 Packets of IP Drink Mix (I used chocolate)
(2 packets are for the cake, 1 packet is for the Frosting, mix and match!)
2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa (not really necessary)
1 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
4 tbsp of Skim Milk
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix two IP Drink Mix packets, cocoa (if using), baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add the rest of the wet ingredients to the eggs.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake the cake for 10-15 minutes in the oven. Mine was too dry after 15 minutes, so experiment with your oven!
- Mix the other drink packet in a bowl while the cake is baking.
- Gradually add water to the packet until it makes a frosting like consistency.
- Once the cake is done, spread the frosting over the top.
- Cut and serve! (This recipe is 3 servings of protein!)
I can't wait to experiment with different flavors!