Tea Time with Scones

Growing up my mom would take me to the Crescent Hotel in downtown Dallas for tea. It was such a special treat for me. I always loved tea parties, but the ones at the Crescent Hotel were so fancy and made me feel like a princess. I will always cherish those memories with my mom.

Tea time took me to an enchanted world of make believe. I would pretend to be fancy and lift my pinky when sipping my favorite peppermint tea. The food though, was my favorite! I loved the little tea sandwiches and carb filled sweet treats. My absolute favorite treat at tea time were the scones with raspberry jam and butter!

I so very much miss that whimsical experience at the tea room, but the treat I made for my afternoon snack today transported me back in time, all I needed was some lacy white gloves. I adapted this recipe from a cookie recipe provided by @gettingtogoal on Instagram!

Wildberry Scone with Walden Farms Raspberry Jelly
It even looks like bread on the inside! 

Ingredients: 
1 IP Wildberry Yogurt Drink
1 tsp of baking powder
2 packets of Stevia 
dash of ideal salt
3 tbsp of egg whites 
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of olive oil 

What to do: 
  1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Mix and stir all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. 
  3. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients. 
  4. Stir until blended and a cookie-like consistency. 
  5. Grease a pan and drop dollops of scone mixture on the pan. My dollops made 5 equal sized scones. Make them how big or small you want! :) 
  6. Bake the scones for 10 minutes or until desired brownness is achieved! 
  7. Take them out and enjoy! 
I added some Walden Farms raspberry jam to bump up this scone! This recipe would seriously go great with some tea!  

Happy Dieting! 

-E 


Comments

Popular Posts