Cauliflower Tortillas

Bring on the carbs! Well not really, but my brain totally thinks that's what I was eating last night!

I found this awesome and easy recipe on Pinterest when I first started Ideal Protein and it was a god send, but I haven't made it in forever. After seeing many of my Ideal Protein Pals on Instagram posting their cauliflower tortillas, I was inspired to make some again and they were GREAT! My mom loved them and she tends to shy away from my weird foods :).

Ingredients
4 cups of cauliflower 
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

What to do:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375. 
  2. Rice the cauliflower in a food processor (or use a cheese grater).
  3. Pour the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl. 
  4. Microwave for 2 minutes and stir. 
  5. Microwave for another 2 minutes and stir. 
  6. Pour the cauliflower onto a dish towel. 
  7. Using the dishtowel squeeze the excess water out of the cauliflower.
  8. Put the dried cauliflower back into the bowl.  
  9. Add the eggs and salt and pepper and stir. 
  10. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray. 
  11. Pour the cauliflower mixture out onto the baking sheet in 4 circles. 
  12. Place in oven for 10 minutes. 
  13. Take out of the oven and turn over. Bake for 10 more minutes. 
  14. Take out of the oven and cool on wire baking sheets. 
  15. Heat a pan with non-stick spray. 
  16. Place the tortillas in the pan to brown them. This makes them crispy and delicious! 
  17. Remove from heat once desired brownness occurs1 
  18. Enjoy! 
Happy Dieting! 

-E


Comments

  1. Do you add any water to the cauliflower to rice it? Sorry I've just never cooked with cauliflower before but I am super interested now! I have a blender so I wonder if that would work too? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No water! When you put it in the microwave it creates water in the cauliflower that you have to drain! Hope this helps!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts