When I think of summer, I think about lying in the summer sun near some body of water with an iced down drink in my hand. Ahhhhh, I can feel like I'm there now. One of the many things I love and am obsessed with (I feel like I really "love" a lot of stuff) is lemons. I put lemons in my water, on my fish, in my salad dressings, and sometimes on my face. Seriously. Lemons on everything!
Naturally, I LOVE lemonade. My favorite lemonade is freshly squeezed and homemade. Being on Ideal Protein, I haven't indulged in sweet and tangy, homemade lemonade and I have really missed it. Today I said, enough is enough, let's make some lemonade.
Lemonade for One
1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup of water
What to do:
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon.
- Strain the lemon juice.
- Add 3/4 cup of water or more if you like your lemon juice less tangy.
- Add a packet of stevia or more if you like it sweeter! It's all about your taste buds.
- Place ice in a glass and pour lemonade over the ice.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy your lemonade.