Turnt UP Fries

Turn down for what?

Turnip Fries are my new favorite obsession. My roommates call them "turnt up fries" after the DJ Shake and Lil Jon song, Turn Down for What.  If you are confused by this phrase, please feel free to look it up in the Urban Dictionary. (I'm usually clueless to these phrases, so this website helps out a lot :)).

Even though my roommates aren't on the diet, they have made "turnt up fries" several times with their meals in replacement of regular potato fries. Needless to say, they love them and turnip fries are the new trend at my house.


 

Here is how you make these bad boys:

Ingredients: 

2 cups of Turnips (266 g)
Olive Oil 
Garlic Powder 
Ideal Salt 

Directions: 
  1. Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees. 
  2. Cut the turnips into fry shapes. The larger the fry, the less crispy it will be. 
  3. Drizzle the cut turnips with olive oil and sprinkle salt and garlic powder to taste. 
  4. Stir the fries to make sure that the turnips are completely covered in olive oil and spices. 
  5. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the turnips on the baking sheet. The more spread out they are, the crispier they are. Also I have found cooking it on stone bakeware works for crispyness too and no need to put foil on it! 
  6. Bake for 20 minutes and flip. 
  7. Bake for 15-20 more minutes until desired crispiness is achieved. I'm a weirdo and like mine a little burned...:) 
I use reduced sugar Heinz ketchup because I tried the Walden Farms ketchup and could not stand it. My coach said the reduced sugar is okay until I start gaining weight, then she will cut me off. So far, that hasn't happened so I think it's perfectly fine! 

Enjoy your Turnt Up Turnip fries!

- E





Comments

Popular Posts