Mom, the Meatloaf!!!

One of my favorite meals is meatloaf. I love the combination of tomatoes and ground beef that cook together and meld wonderfully. My diet coach gave me a sheet with some Ideal Protein friendly recipes. This one was one of the first recipes I tried during my first week of Ideal Protein and I have finally perfected the flavor and veggies to share with you.



This recipe makes two servings and has tomatoes so be mindful because we can only have two servings of tomatoes twice a week! 



Ingredients: 

Meatloaf
1 lb of ground beef
1 1/4 tsp of ideal salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper 
1/2 tsp of onion powder 
2 cups of chopped bell pepper
1 egg (lightly beaten)
8 ounces of diced tomatoes (without juice)
2 tbsp of olive oil 

Topping
8 ounces of strand tomatoes 
1 tsp of brown sugar splenda
1 tbsp of mustard 

What to do: 
  1. Preheat the oven to 375.
  2. Sauté the green peppers in the olive oil until soft, not brown, but a bright green color. They will cook more in the oven.
  3. Remove peppers from heat and mix all of the ingredients except for the topping in a bowl. 
  4. Place meatloaf mixture in a loaf pan. 
  5. Mix the ingredients for the topping and spread over the meatloaf.
  6. Bake in the oven for one hour. 
  7. Remove from the oven and enjoy! 
Happy dieting! 

-E

Comments

Popular Posts