Chayote Apple Pie Filling

I'm a sweets girl. If there is sugar in it, I'm there. There is a place in my town called The Pie Bar. They literally sell pie filling in cups that they sweetly call "pie bites" that are the best thing on earth. If you ask me, this is the most genius idea ever invented. If I had to eat one food the rest of my life a blueberry cobbler pie bite would be it. In law school, this has been my go to comfort food place. I'm addicted. 

Achieving success on this diet for me is about finding ways to trick your mind into thinking you are eating the old food you used to enjoy. I've been on a quest for pie bites this week and I think I found a solution. 

My new obsession is chayote squash. It's weird. It's small. It's shaped funny. It's adorable. It's amazing! It's a perfect ending to a day when you just need dessert! I found this recipe on 3fatchicksonadiet.com, but I adjusted it a bit--mainly because I didn't have all of the ingredients. I've tweaked the recipe a bit and made it more simple. 


Ingredients:

• Chayote squash (1 cup) 
• Juice and zest from 1 lemon 
• Dash of Cinnamon 
• 1 Packet of stevia 

What to Do: 

1. Peel and cut up chayote into cubes or slices like apples. 
2. Cover and microwave chayote on high for 4 minutes. 
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. 
4. Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes. 
5. Remove and enjoy! 

Happy Dieting!
-E 

Comments

Popular Posts