Salty Cravings Satisfied with Zucchini Chips

Ok so I have become obsessed with zucchini chips! I haven't figured out how to perfectly cook them in the oven without burning the zucchini to what is literally ash. I HAVE however, found a recipe to perfectly cook them in the microwave! These chips are delicious, crispy and satisfy any salty tooth. My roommates who aren't on the Ideal Protein protocol love them, and I think that attests to how great they are.

Ingredients:

Zucchini (1 large zucchini makes about two cups)
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder (optional)
Cayenne (if you want a little spice)

Directions:
  1. Using a mandolin or a knife, slice the zucchini into thin slices. On my mandolin I use the largest setting, which is 3. The key to these is to not make them too thin, but not too thick as well. 
  2. Put the slices in a bowl and pour 1 tsp. over the slices.
  3. Combine 1/4 tsp of salt, pepper to taste, garlic powder to taste, and cayenne to taste in the bowl with the zucchini. 

4. Place the slices on a microwavable plate. It's okay if the slices are touching, but don't overlap them. 

5. Place in the microwave for 5 minutes or until crisp.

6. Take out and enjoy. The longer they sit, the crunchier they are! 
Finished product. Yum! 


-E

Comments

Popular Posts